terça-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2018

NICOLETTE JOHNSON -CERAMICS -AUSTRÁLIA


I was born in London, England and grew up in the rain with my yellow lab, Cognac, as a companion. We played in gardens that smelled like thyme and kept snails as pets and watched the foxes come and go from the den behind our house.
Then we moved all the way to Texas, where I fostered a love of horses and big fields to gallop in and Mexican food. My father being a geologist from New Mexico, I also grew to love the desert, Native American culture, mountains, and Hatch green chile.
Then, again, we moved across the globe to Brisbane, Australia, where I am currently based. Over the ten years that I have lived in this place, I've fallen in love with the creativity of its people, its glorious weather, its flora and fauna, its cafes and restaurants, and importantly, photography. I studied social documentary and photojournalism for four years at the Queensland College of Art and emerged with a Bachelor of Photography with Honours in 2011.
In my personal work I photograph my own struggles, loves, happinesses, heartbreaks, and losses in order to better understand myself and others. I work alongside a notion centred on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
Because of my intrinsic nature as a documentist, I love making images for other people in an organic, natural way. Whether you are a bride and groom, an interior designer, or a small business, I would love to make images that reflect the way you do things. Naturally, beautifully, and imperfectly.























Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário